IPSWICH AD HOC SCHOOL AUDIT COMMITTEE
IPSWICH TOWN HALL, ROOM C
25 Green Street
Friday, June 20, 2014, 8:00 AM
Committee Members in Attendance: Kevin Murphy, Nishan Mootafian, Carl Nylen (by telephone –
out of state)
Call to order at 8:00 am by Kevin Murphy with three members present. The meeting was not televised or
Other Officials in Attendance: None
Abbreviations Used: None used
Documents Used: None Used
Citizen Queries: None
Review of Minutes: None
• Application posted this week and due July 8th. Application posted to town web site and announcements will be posted in Chronicle, and was sent to the schools
• Interview process and questions need to be developed for applications. Need to develop a rubric.
• Need to pick best candidates and avoid anyone with potential bias.
• Timeframe for audit will depend on scope of work but ideally report(s) would be ready by SpringTown Meeting (2015)
• Committee discussed the following potential topics of review:
o Scheduling at MS and HS
o Athletic facilities management and maintenance**
o Buildings and grounds**
o Facilities use and rental**
o Administration/administration support**
o Supplemental funding (e.g. grants)**
o IT operations**
o Energy management
o Fine Arts and participation
**Town/School collaboration opportunity
• Suggestion to create benchmarks for schools to measure performance and for comparisons to other towns.
- Review previous audits, include these audits in the overall report.
- •Committee to meet on 6/27, 7/7 and again on 7/10. Interviews for citizen members will be help 7/10
A chairman is required to run the committee, it was agreed that a temporary chair would be selected until
the two other members are selected at which time a chair will be selected. Nishan Mootafian made a
motion to nominate Kevin Murphy, and Carl Nylen seconded the motion; the roll call vote was
NEW BUSINESS: None
Nishan Mootafian made a motion to adjourn at 9:27 pm, and Carl Nylen seconded the motion; the roll
call vote was unanimous.
Respectfully submitted by
School Audit Ad Hoc Committee
Article #19 Fact Sheet