News & Announcements
School Street & Avery Street Final Paving Thursday September 18, 2014
Brox Industries will begin the final prep work for the final paving course on Avery Street and School Street starting Monday September 15, 2014 with the final paving course scheduled to be installed on Thursday September 18, 2014. Please see the attached notices for more information: Avery Street Final Paving Schedule Update & School Street Final Paving Schedule Update.
Updated Proposed Zoning Amendments for Fall Town Meeting 2014
The Planning Board will hold another public hearing on September 11, 2014, in Room A at Town Hall, beginning at 8:00 pm on the following proposed zoning and zoning bylaw amendments:
Storm Clean Up
In the aftermath of a series of storms that struck the town of Ipswich on September 6, the Town continues repairs and clean up.
Transfer Station hours have been extended to receive tree debris. The Transfer Station will be open Monday, Tuesday Thursday and Friday of this week from 12 noon to 4:00 pm, in addition to the regular hours of Wednesday and Saturday, 7:30 am to 3:30 pm.
In addition, residents and businesses may bring tree debris to the curbside for pick up through Friday, September 19.
We need your assistance:
Please report any low-hanging wires or dangling branches that pose a threat to public safety or infrastructure.
Clear debris from storm grates near your home or business to avoid street flooding. Thundershowers are predicted for later this week and it is unlikely town crews will get to clear all the storm grates during the clean-up activities this week.
Important Phone Numbers:
Department of Public Works: 978-356-6612
Electric Light Department: 978-356-6635
- Next Speaker Series 10/8/14
- Public Forum on Proposed Architectural Preservation District
- Town of Ipswich Website Design – We Need Your Photos!
- Open Space Program Trails & Sails Kayak-Walking Tour September 26, 2014
- Considerations for Individuals with Access and Functional Needs
- Get Involved- Join The Response
- Together We’re Ready – Massachusetts Prepared
- National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
- Jeffreys Neck Water Main Project